LET THEM KNOW IT'S EID TIME !!
'Let them know it's Eid Time!' is the latest in a series of newly released Myriad Foundation projects. This one is unique in that it involved collecting and donating gifts during Ramadhan to give to Francis House and Rainbow Trust; both of which are hospices that take care of children with short life expectancies or those who are terminally ill.
While many of us hope to enjoy the wonderful experience of Eid and partake in all that the festive period has to offer; we feel that as Muslims we must also look around us at those who may not be as fortunate and help to ensure that they, like us, can have a wonderfully joyous time.
After the success in the last two years, we will be running the initiative again this year in 2017!
The steps we introduced to put this initiative together was simple:
1) Choose a gift from the list in the poster:
2) Place your gift in a gift bag
3) Hand it in on the 11th July between 2-4 pm at one of the following local mosques! (dates and times will change this year!)
- Cheadle Mosque
- Altrincham Mosque
- British Muslim Heritage Centre
- Didsbury Mosque
4) Smile because you have just brought joy to a disadvantaged child!
The gifts were then handed in at Francis House and Rainbow Trust, which were greatly welcomed and distributed amongst the Children on Eid day, alongside this it was also shared with them why this is a special day for Muslims.
The Myriad Foundation